Trendy Kurta Sets for Women Available In XS - 6XL
There is a special charm in wearing Indian clothes for women. Even with the simplest of designs, the grace is unmatched. A common sight in India, kurta sets for women is one of the most popular ethnic wear options. The Svaya, being a proudly Made-In-India, offers kurta sets for women in Indian textiles.
Historically associated with men, kurtas have now been revolutionised and been adapted as women’s wear. Ever since this massive change, kurtas and kurtis have come a long way. From being a symbol of modesty with full sleeves and high necklines to a fashion statement with beautiful handwork, cuts, designs, and patterns.
Difference between Women’s Kurtas VS Kurtis
Linguistically speaking, Kurtas and kurtis mean the same – long stitched dress without a collar and slits on both sides. One major difference though is the length. Kurtas generally end below the knee whereas kurtis finish above the knee. But this difference doesn’t hold much value when it comes to the designers. With a wide range of options for short cotton tunics to ankle length angrakha style kurtis available online, you can see kurtis and kurtas comes in all length, shape, size, colour, and designs
Styling A Kurta Set for Women
There is no shortage of kurta set designs in the market with even more silhouettes and patterns available online, one can never get bored of wearing it. With simple short kurta sets popular amongst the college crowd to the A-line printed kurta set a go-to option for the working women of modern India. Though heavier sets are a popular option for women for weddings and important social gatherings. They bring with them a sense of elegance, grace and aura of royalty to the wearer. From a flared kurta and palazzo combo to a printed chanderi layered dress there are multiple choices for a woman to choose from when it comes to searching for fancy designer kurtis for weddings or family functions.
Different Types Of Fabrics of Kurta Sets Available Online - Choose The One You Like
Women’s kurta sets are versatile ensembles that tick a lot of boxes when it comes to their role in fashion – comfort, style, trendy, versatile, et cetera and depending on your preference you can choose from multiple fabric options like:
- Cotton Kurta Sets for women: The most popular fabrics to make kurtis and palazzos. Women’s cotton kurta sets let your skin breathe and are your perfect summer wardrobe go-to's. Cotton is also blended with other fabrics to produce some amazing light and flowy fabrics. These kurta sets are equally comfy and don’t come with the hassle of managing the wrinkly cotton.
- Georgette Kurti Sets for women: Kurti sets made out of georgette are flowy and flatter all body types perfectly. If you are on the curvy side, kurta sets of georgette are a must-have in your wardrobe. The beauty of georgette sets is they come in designer cuts, you can find beautifully embroidered fusion suit sets in georgette with dhoti pants or find flared long kurtas with printed dupattas to break the monotonous styles.
- Silk Kurta Sets or (silk-blend) for women: The luxe silk fabric or its blends are perfect to make a party wear kurtis for women which come with an elegant royal look. These beautiful-looking silk blends don’t burn a hole in your pocket and make for affordable designer wear suits for women. Bonus - this fabric is ideal for the cold months and chilly nights. Along with the sheen, it brings the warmth of looking sassy and calm at the same time.
- Rayon Kurtas and sets for women: Perfect for almost all seasons, rayon kurtis are flowy and let your skin breathe and provide the best comfort. Rayon is a fiber that gets blended with myriad fabric options available. This fabric is a perfect pick for all everyday fashion.
- Chiffon Kurta Sets for women: Woven from cotton or silk, this extra smooth fabric is used to make kurtis with an eccentric look and unique feel. Such pieces are sheer, delicate, and ideal for young women. These kurtas are usually crafted with precision and can range on the higher side of fashion.
- Wool Kurta Sets for women: When in doubt, wear wool in winters. This is a no-brainer. But woolen kurtis are a winter special and offer a lot of versatility. Woolen kurtis for casual wear are as common as woolen kurtis fashioned to give you a royal look. From spun fabrics in checks and plaid kurta sets to herringbone sets to twill kurtas, there’s never a dull moment in the clothing options available during winter months.
- Velvet Kurta Sets: A fabric that's either loved or hated. This luxurious fabric is all the rage during the cold winter months in Pakistan, and well, why shouldn’t it be? Beautifully crafted kurta sets in velvet, embroidered short kurtis with brocade pants, and Pakistani style long velvet kurtas are every woman's Pinterest favorites. These velvet women’s pieces are super luxurious, look elegant, and take you from an indoor party to a wedding function, all in a go.
No wonder, women’s kurta sets are very flexible and have versatile usages. They can be paired with a plethora of bottoms and help you create a new look to match your mood of the day.
How To Pair Your Kurta Sets?
Salwar: Salwar-kurta is an age-old fashion combination that still holds its charm, with both the items complimenting each other, to give an authentic Indian look. Pair it with a designer kurti and you have a perfect ethnic attire for family gatherings. With time the old-fashioned salwar has also been designed beautifully and comes in its own fusion blends.
Jeans: Giving a modern twist to the classic dress, jeans are the favoured bottoms for most of the working women and students. Going along well with loose fitting kaftan style kurtis and various summer kurtis, Jeans and kurti combo are the go-to casual Indian look for many women.
Skirts: Long flowing floor-length skirts when matched with short kurtis produce a fabulous look. Comfortable and chic, this is a perfect kurti combination for cocktail parties and your friend’s ladies sangeet
Palazzo: A relatively newer trend and certainly on the rise is the kurti and palazzo combo. Palazzo itself being a version of sharara, it goes perfectly with traditional designer long kurtis for a conservative look and is super classy to pull off
Dhoti pants: A fashion blogger’s favourite. The dhoti+kurti combo gives a designer look and is definitely something out of the ordinary. Extremely comfortable and allowing a great deal of freedom of movement, dhoti pants are the perfect pairing for the best cotton kurtis online
Leggings: Perfect for long hauls, be it traveling or office, leggings are comfortably charming and very dynamic. Available in a wide range of colors and prints, leggings can be your go-to partners with kurtis. Leggings and kurti is another trend here to stay.
Different types of Kurtis for women
Having talked at length about how kurtis are so flexible and versatile. It is natural that we talk about the latest kurti designs: -
A-line kurti: - One of the most popular kurti designs in the market, it is a rage amongst the youngsters. The Kurti flares down from the waist forming an A with the length either till knee-length, calf or ankle-length
Tail cut kurti: - One of the top trending designer kurtis is the tail cut kurti. It is an asymmetrical design which is longer from the back and shorter in front to give a tail-like effect. Worn as a solitary dress, tail-cut kurtis are ideal for club outings and kitty parties
Indo-western kurtis: - It is in the nature of popular traditional Indian attires to get a western twist with the ongoing globalisation and the mixing of the cultural boundaries. Getting its western look from its neckline, sleeves or any other interesting cuts. Shirt style kurtis are also a good example of indo-western kurti, being more on the western side of the spectrum . These kurtis can be paired with jeans, leggings or jeggings and can be a suitable attire for college or a daytime outing
Anarkali: - Perfect for a traditional look. Graceful and elegant, it looks flawless on all ladies. Depending on the fabric and the embroidery it can be used for either casual events like a birthday party or a full-blown marriage attire can be centred around it.
Flared: -Loose and comfortable, it gives a very rich look to the woman who wears it. With the hemline opening up on both sides, the Flared kurtis are attractive and amazing!
Printed: - Presenting a wide range of designs, from block to Kalamkari to digital, the possibilities are endless when it comes to choosing a printed cotton kurti for you next outing! Simplistically eye-catching and charming. Having discussed kurtis in such depth and length, we understand that kurtas for women are an evergreen and ever-growing fashion trend which keeps on adapting to modern trends and manages to still maintain its place in the fashion world. Latest kurtis will always remain a dominant force in the market and stylish kurta designs will keep flowing in.